Ibrahim Waziri Jr.
Research Engineer | Adjunct Professor of Cybersecurity
[email protected] [personal]
pgp: 789F 4C2C BECA DA30
recent publications teaching cool stuffs about
- Jun 22nd, 2017 | Opinion: The Need for a Cybersecurity Agency in Nigeria
- May 13th, 2017 | What is a Ransomware — and how to protect yourself
- Apr 09th, 2017 | Data Encryption: How to secure your data
- Mar 25th, 2017 | Password Manager & 2FA: How to properly set up your password
- Feb 25th, 2017 | Computer Ethics
- Feb 25th, 2017 | The Next Big Threat — Is Nigeria ready?
- Feb 18th, 2017 | Why Software Piracy is Prevalent in Nigeria
- Feb 11th, 2017 | Implications of Software Piracy in Nigeria
All papers are available on Google Scholar
Fall 2017: Marymount University
Computer Security (IT 530) - [class webpage]
Previous Courses: Various Schools
Network Security (IT 5434)
Network Architecture (IT 4335)
Intro to IT (IT 1130)
Dr. Waziri is a Research Engineer/ISSO in Washington, DC. He is also an Adjunct Professor of Cybersecurity at Marymount University. He was an IT specialist for the Purdue Graduate School, a Cybersecurity Analyst for the U.S International Trade Commission and a Cyber Anti-Fraud Analyst for RSA, The Security Division of EMC working on counteracting Phishing attacks and Malwares analysis. He was also a research assistant on one of the NSF cybersecurity funded research, where he conducted research on Hyper-calls, Cloud Computing and Virtualization Security. His research interests are in Mitigating DDoS attacks, Virtualization, Cloud Security, and Cybersecurity Governance/Policy Development.